Contracting COVID19 has brought positive personal learnings. In this article I also share resources to keep focusing on sustainability at work during the corona virus pandemic.
I hope you are well and keeping up faith and positivity in light of the Coronavirus pandemic.
March 2020 has been quite busy for me: first half with business and the second half with confinement (including 2 kids and home schooling) … and COVID19.
I was lucky 🍀 to have contracted a “mild” version of COVID19, with all symptoms except the serious ones, so I fortunately could recover at home.
It has been quite challenging emotionally though, with all the bad news around the virus and the fear to end up in hospital.
However, there are always learnings in bad experiences. So I have tried to sum up the positive aspects of my experience with COVID19 in case this might help you or someone close to you.
- I was forced to rest 100% for 2 weeks. I can’t remember the last time I allowed my body and spirit such a long time “off”.
- I had to stay positive and trust my body to cope with the virus. Talking about letting go of control!
- I had a lot of time to think about what truly matters: health, loved ones, simple pleasures… If I died tomorrow, what would I have loved to do? It sounds cheesy but I never really thought about it…
- How can I make sure my business is managed in the future even when I get sick? I am very grateful for my very understanding clients that accepted to postpone my work.
- Staying in touch with loved ones, even with small messages to spread love and caring, helped. Feeling loved and needed is important. ❤️
I still haven’t got the energy to get back to work 100%. So I am sharing with you some resources on how to keep the focus on Sustainability during confinement and coronavirus. I hope you will find this inspiring and useful.
Events & support
- Positive impact consulting in times of corona virus
- Good after COVID: Join the conversation
How to keep Sustainability on top of your agenda at work
- SB’s quick tactical guide for why and how your brand can still pursue sustainability under the pandemic.
- Zero waste home office
Online games around Sustainability
- Fun online educational resources by The Footprint Network
- Participate in an online version of the Climate Collage (only in French at the moment) by La Fresque du Climat
Stay safe and positive in light of COVID19!
Sustainably yours 💚
Start to take action!
- Download our free guide 5 steps to integrate positive impact from within“
- Discover our intrapreneurship “for good” programs & trainings
For individual change makers and small businesses:
- Download our free guide on how to integrate Sustainability into your job
- Join our Action for Sustainability Circle, a 6 weeks coaching program to empower you to take action for Sustainability in your job and your business. Ideal for individual change makers & small businesses.
Image credit: Edwin Hopper on Unsplash