teams4purpose Change Maker Series: our top 3 takeaways from conversations we had in October with business professionals on careers with purpose and action on Sustainability at work and in business. Their triggers, challenges and #1 recommendation for aspiring changemakers.
Since my professional turnaround about 5 years ago into Business Sustainability, people often come to me for advise on how to combine a career with purpose.
The truth is there are many ways you can re-focus your career to add purpose, it all depends on your motivations, values, skills and what you want to change in the world.
At teams4purpose we help people step up and take action on societal issues through their work and in their careers. We offer paid support for businesses and their employees, such as our Learning Lab or our Bootcamps where we help you understand the impacts of climate change and biodiversity loss on your business and support you in coming up with ways to take action in your job and business.
We also offer free resources to inspire and help professionals to step up and take action on societal issues in their jobs and business.
One of the ways we do this is by sharing inspirational testimonials from business professionals that integrated Sustainability into their work and career through our ChangeMaker Series, a conversation with business professionals on careers with purpose and action on Sustainability at work.
Here are the key takeaways from our first two speakers that joined the Series in October 2020: two amazing business women, changing their industry in their own way. One is an entrepreneur and the other one is an intrapreneur:
- Coty Jeronimus, sustainable textile and sourcing expert at TaskLab and founder of NomadNoos
- Eugenia Ceballos Hunziker, Global Head of Sustainable Procurement and Impact Valuation at LafargeHolcim.
Both shared their WHY, the key moments in their professionals lives that made them want to add Sustainability aspects into their work and their major motivation to keep going.
- For Coty it was when she saw the huge pollution of the textile industry when she went to see subcontractors in Asia. She witnessed first hand the extreme poor working conditions of garment workers as well as environmental pollution with rivers being the color of garments. Since then she has worked to imporve transparency of the textile supply chains both for her clients but also through her social start-up, NomadNoos.
- For Eugenia it was when she had to deal with a subcontractor skandal and which lead to a project to engage suppliers in decent wage matters, using the company’s sphere of influence to positively impact the lives of many families. Since then she has continued to drive her company’s Sustainability journey aiming to improve the lives of people in the eco-system of her employer.
Both shared the major challenges they have been facing on their path to a career with purpose and action on Sustainability:
- For Coty is was establishing herself as an entrepreneur, gaining legitimacy and becoming a reference on sustainable textile sourcing
- For Eugenia it was changing the minds of people in her organization and making Sustainability practical for everyone.
Number 1 recommendation
When it comes to their number 1 recommendation for anyone aspiring to become a change makers « for good » at work, wanting to take societal action through their job and business both Coty and Eugenia said:
« Believe in yourself. Believe you can be part of the solution. »
Join the conversation and sign up to our upcoming ChangeMaker Series!
This is a unique opportunity to have a discussion with business professionals that integrated Sustainability into their work and career. If you want to have a purposeful career and take action on societal and environmental issues, these testimonials can be of great value for you.
A gift for you 💚
To thank you for being part of our community at teams4purpose, I offer you a special gift: my personal top recommendations to add purpose to your career: 4 steps career with purpose
Written by Marena Eirich, founder at teams4purpose, helping you to add purpose to your career.
#careergoals #career #careerwithpurpose #purpose #sustainability #jobswithpurpose #climateaction #empowerment